Salvatore Edward Anthony "Sal" Vulcano Jr. (born November 6, 1976) is a member of The Tenderloins.
He has had the most punishments out of any Joker.
Sal Vulcano was born on November 6, 1976, in Staten Island, New York City, New York. His parents are Sal Vulcano Sr. and Dianne Fernandez-Vulcano, though they divorced when he was young. Sal has three sisters: Kelly Ann, the eldest; Diana and Jenna, his two younger sisters. Jenna has made appearances in three episodes of Impractical Jokers.
Sal Vulcano went to Monsignor Farrell High School and graduated in 1994. At MFHS, he took part in various sports like hockey, basketball, and football. Then he went to St. Johns University and graduated with a degree in finance in 1998.
Sal suffers from ailurophobia (fear of cats), acrophobia (fear of heights), and mysophobia/germophobia, all three of which are used against him in challenges and punishments.
- As an ordained minister, Sal officiated Joe's wedding. He also officiated a wedding for two IJ fans during an episode of Impractical Jokers: After Party.
- The Jokers have described Sal as the easiest to punish due to his neurotic tendencies, multiple phobias, and timid attitude.
- As of March 2020, Sal has done the most punishments at 68.
- Sal's favorite Lionel Richie song is 'Running with the Night'.
- He was a vegetarian for six years.
- Sal and Murr are the only jokers to have never won an episode by themselves, although Sal was close to winning one by himself in Tooth and Consequences, but Murr forfeited due to his tooth falling out, thus giving him an impromptu punishment.
- Sal was hit by a car when he was four years old.
- He has a tattoo of Jaden Smith on his thigh as the result of a punishment. He later got a second tattoo of Jaden on his other thigh as part of Impractical Jokers: The Movie.
- In a Reddit AMA, Sal said he has been physically assaulted two times: A woman slapped him for telling her that her baby was ugly, and a shell-shocked war vet choked him for cutting in line.
- He has Italian, Cuban and Puerto Rican ancestry.
- His eyes are dark green. He has a freckle on his right eye. In some promo photos they edit it out, but it is more apparent in recent seasons.
- Sal has been ridiculed for having flat feet. This trait was also mocked as a highlight of his punishment in "Flatfoot the Pirate".
- A picture featuring Sal in his youth when he was heavier has been seen on the show multiple times, and it also became a popular Photoshop meme on Instagram in November 2016. However, Sal dislikes being spammed with it and infamously hates it, while the other guys love it.
Sals birthday is November 6
- Pay It Forward - Sal has to pick up dog poop and hold it for twenty seconds.
- Butterfly Crime Scene - Sal has to sing a song made up by the other Jokers in front of a crowd at a baseball game.
- Unmotivational Speaker - Sal posed as a motivational speaker as he goes through a presentation made by the other Jokers.
- Drawing a Blank - Sal reads a book with all blank pages, realizing he has to come up with the story.
- Supercuts - Technically a four-way tie where the jokers gave themselves funny haircuts. Sal got two bleached horns.
- Elephant in the Room - The other jokers hid Sal's car keys in a pile of Beulah the elephant's poop and he has to go through the pile of poop using his bare hands, until Joe tells him that he had his car keys in his pocket the whole time and realized he searched in there for nothing.
- Sound EffeXXX - Sal had to go in a coffee shop with a laptop while the other jokers add in sound effects making sound as if he's watching porn.
- Psychotic Not-Line - Sal posed as a psychic and couldn't leave until he makes an accurate prediction.
- Scaredy Cat - Sal is forced to go in a cage full of cats while under the impression of teaching a cat-bonding seminar in front of a group of people.
- Joker vs. Joker - Sal and Q had to shoot a basketball into a hoop and every time they missed, they would get hit in the leg by a little girl with a baseball bat. Sal was lucky enough to make the shot on his first try.
- Down in the Dump - The other jokers hid his phone somewhere in a pile of garbage and he has to search through the garbage to find it.
- Sweat the Small Things - Sal has to introduce a stress-relieving slideshow presentation, where in the demo videos, he finds out the other jokers broke into his house while he was on vacation and abused everything.
- The Alliance - Sal, Joe and Murr all had to jump off a cliff unless they can answer questions about Q's life. Joe won the punishment while he and Murr jumped off Q Falls.
- Enter the Dragons - Sal and Joe must pretend to be part of a fake band and open for Imagine Dragons at a live concert.
- Sorry for Your Loss - Sal had to run the "No Apology Gauntlet" where he had to perform 5 tasks without apologizing. Sal had to step on someone's foot, woof at a baby, sneeze on someone without saying "excuse me", blow an airhorn at someone, and stick his middle finger in front of an elderly woman.
- Field of Screams - Sal had to go through a massive cornfield following a guided red rope, and along the way, Sal had to overcome a bunch of scares and obstacles.
- Toasted - Sal must deliver a wedding speech written by the other guys.
- Snow Way Out - Sal and Murr were stuck on a ski lift while Joe and Q threw snowballs at them and shot them with paintball guns.
- Junk in the Trunk - Sal had to climb in the trunk of a car while a woman was driving. Sal was unaware that the woman driving was in on the joke as she was acting shocked.
- Clash of the Jokers - Joe posed as a king while Sal fed him grapes, Murr was his throne, and Q had to fan him.
- Up Loser's Creek - Sal thought all he had to do was give a boat tour, but much to his dismay, he also has to kayak across the Hudson River.
- The Permanent Punishment - Sal, Murr and Q all got embarrassing tattoos chosen by Joe. Sal's tattoo was an image of rapper Jaden Smith.
- Parks and Wreck - Sal must present a slideshow created by the other guys in front of the city council.
- B-I-N-G-NO - Sal takes part in a Bingo tournament and has to yell "Bingo!" at regular intervals.
- Brother-in-Loss - Sal is forced to watch Murr marry his sister.
- Elevating the Game - Sal is trapped in an elevator with someone acting sick and another with a hairless cat.
- Deal With the Devils - Sal and Q became target practice as they pose as hockey goalies for the New Jersey Devils.
- The Dream Crusher - Sal poses as a kids talent show Judge with the attitude of Simon Cowell.
- Bathroom Break - Sal is trapped in the Bathroom of Horrors and has to do some tasks in order to escape.
- Sneaking Number Twos, Going Number One - Sal is the ringleader of an escape room and pees his pants in front of a bunch of strangers and can't leave until he solves all the puzzles.
- Blind Justice - Sal poses as a convict and wears a pair of blind glasses and is misled into thinking that he was talking to a group of rebellious teenagers. He takes off the glasses to realize he was talking to a bunch of old people.
- The Big Uneasy - Sal and the Jokers head to the New Orleans swamp, where Sal is forced to dress as a Bog Monster for an ongoing tour. At the end, Sal is surprised by another Bog Monster that is camouflaged behind him.
- The Taunted House - Sal has to go into a haunted house to blow out candles in different rooms, each with something to scare him.
- HellCopter - Murr and Sal made a bet that they can beat each other at a race. Since Murr doesn't weigh as much as Sal does, he will be forced to wear a fat suit while racing. The fat suit slowed him down to the point where he lost his momentum, thus causing Sal to win the race. Sal's prize was a seat on a helicopter that would fly around a lake. At the end of this punishment, Sal was forced to jump from the helicopter.
- You're Cut Off - At a major beer and wine event, Sal works as a vendor, and is forced cut people off from drinking any more alcohol, or cut "all you can drink" bracelets off people's arms so that they can't drink anymore.
- Ruffled Feathers - Sal is forced to give a presentation to zoo patrons, with Q chosen to "assist" him, all the while dealing with his fears of the animals attacking him.
- Statue of Limitations - In Season 4, when Murr and Sal were playing a game of "Do it Better" in the park, Sal had taken the "nose" of a statue, and the Department of Homeland Security told Joe, Murr, and Q that they weren't allowed to play on a national landmark again. However, they never told Sal, so for his punishment, he must sit face-to-face with the Director of Homeland Security, explaining his behavior, while the other guys are telling the director what to say and do.
- Whose Phone Is Ringing? - Sal is forced to pose as an author with a book at an authors' presentation while his phone continuously plays an annoying ringtone, to the audience's growing frustration. Eventually an annoyed patron confiscates his phone when Sal must let it ring without turning it off.
- The Coward - Sal is forced to help a cow give birth.
- Virtual Insanity - Sal is forced to be locked in a virtual reality room, and play a horror game entitled "Sisters" while the crew secretly redecorates the room to resemble the setting of the game. When Sal tries to leave the room, he is surprised by Benjamin Cat.
- Water Torture - Although initially meant to be the final challenge of the episode, the other guys turn Sal's growing annoyance with the child actors into a punishment.
- Training Day - Sal, Murr and Joe all had to go through a fire academy. For Sal, he had to climb a ladder to rescue a cat from a tree, but he froze at the start. In the end, Q hosed down all 3 losing jokers until they respected him.
- Nitro Circus Spectacular - Sal, who got the most votes from the public, was hoisted into the air via harness and swung around for a bit. He was brought down to rest for a minute before being hoisted again and sent flying into a giant "cake".
- Swim Shady - Sal invades a water aerobics class to take pictures for a website. He must invade the students' privacy in order to get shots.
- Catastrophe - Sal is forced to go through what Q went through last season with his biggest fear, cats.
- Footlose - Sal has to rub people's feet with different condiments at a boat show.
- Medium, Well Done - An actual psychic named Jesse Bravo is predicting Sal's life from the other jokers (most of it didn't actually happen). Sal must say that those predictions are correct.
- Three Men And Your Baby - Sal, Murr and Q have to pitch their own TV show called "3 Men & Your Baby", but none of them know about parenting.
- Flatfoot The Pirate - Sal is forced to pose as a pirate for a children's event. A lollipop is passed around that is licked by every child on the boat. After they're finished, Sal has to give the lollipop one final lick. After this, Sal is forced to drink a cup of women's breast milk. In the end, the "crew" mutinies against Sal and force him to "walk the plank" - right into some murky filthy waters of the New Jersey river.
- Silence Of The Lame - Sal has to randomly shush people for no reason over at a crowded food court in a mall.
- The Walking Dread - Sal enters a sewer and has to save his nieces from a zombie apocalypse.
- No Good Deed - At a fundraising event for the Algonquin Arts Theatre, Joe and Sal are forced to present to charity donors how they spent the money on ridiculous and insensitive projects.
- Indecent Proposal - Sal must make an indecent proposal to several couples at a dance class while acting as an instructor.
- Lords of the Ring - Q and Sal are forced to be given a turquoise ring that they must sell by rotary telephone while in an extremely hot room with only 1 gerbil water dispenser each to stay hydrated. After 4 hours of unsuccessful attempts to sell the ring, Q manages to sell it to the owner of a pizza joint that he regularly visits.
- Card Against Humanity - While posing as a businessman at a networking event, Sal has to give a single business card to the people at the event, but then take it back in favor of "a better person."
- The Running of the Bullies - Sal is forced to pose as a lifeguard at the Cresskill Swim Club in Cresskill, New Jersey where he must kick everybody out of the pool without reasoning, on the grounds of a new bullying policy.
- Chick Magnet - Sal, being fearful of animals, is forced to catch a bunch of wild chickens and chicks with his father in the room witnessing the punishment.
- The Bogey Man - After rigging Sal’s loss in the final challenge, the guys force Sal to go to a golf course where he must ruin the games of golf players by intentionally moving their balls.
- Pantsing With the Stars - Sal takes a loss on the final challenge (in which he has to pants someone) without realising that this means he loses the whole episode: for his punishment, he must take out a 3-time heavyweight champion, Randy Couture, who easily ties him down every time he tries. The punishment doesn’t end until he successfully takes his pants off.
- Staten Island Holiday Spectacular - The guys trap Sal in a cage at a bear reservation where he is forced to face the wrath of grizzly bears as he feeds them some fried chicken.
- Crash Test Dummies - At the Demolition Derby's half-time show, Sal and Murr are forced to compete in a monster truck jam to see whose prized possession will be crushed by the other guys. Murr’s is an expensive Segway set and Sal’s is a show-themed pinball machine. The game ends in a tie, leading Joe and Q to order both items to be crushed by a Zombie-themed monster truck.
- Tipping Point - Sal poses as a delivery person delivering lunches to a company, but must criticize the customers for providing too low of tips, no matter the amount.
- Off the Reservation - Sal is forced to serve as the bouncer for Delmonico's steak house in Manhattan, and purposely not give customers their reserved tables. The punishment ends when Sal gets $20 from someone to prioritize seating.
- Well... - In previous episodes, when the Jokers want to perform a switch on a cast member, they normally say "Well...". In this episode, they take it to a new level when they use it in Sal's punishment. For his punishment, Sal thinks that he is shooting a normal challenge with the guys, but instead he is continuously tortured psychologically by having him think that he has to do things that 'somehow, coincidentally appear next to the set of the challenge' and things that happen to incorporate his worst fears whenever the guys say "Well…". This continues on and on until Sal starts catching on to the fact that everything is actually a single punishment and the other guys affirm this.
- Urine Trouble - Sal is forced to pretend to be stung in the leg by a jellyfish and must ask strangers at Coney Island beach to urinate on him. Soon enough, the other guys bring in a Barber Shop quartet, whose leader, Chris, agrees to pee on him.
- Fast Feud - The guys return to White Castle where Sal is forced to become the head of the drive-thru. The punishment? The other guys control the microphone and speaker, and say very insulting things to customers, making Sal take the fall for it. The guys eventually end the punishment after an insult backfires on them and a customer recognizes Sal from the show.
- The Shame of Water - Sal has to play the clumsy waiter at the Dallas BBQ where he must wear "alcohol glasses" and try and serve water, then get spun around in a chair and try to serve food.
Poetry slammed 9/4 Smashing success 9/6